Tuesday, December 20, 2011


Here's a fun little Old Wives Tale quiz I found on another blog.

How You Sleep:
Old Wives' Tales suggest that if you sleep on your left side, a boy is sure to come our way. Sleep on your Right? Pregnant with a girl.

I almost always put myself to sleep on my left side because I read somewhere that it’s the “healthier” side in the sense that it helps with digestion and yet I always awake up facing C on my right side. 

Guess: Girl

Nausea:
Extreme nausea = girl. Boys are good to their mommas.

I really haven’t had much nausea. I mean, I have felt nauseous A LOT but I’ve only throw up a handful of times and in comparison to other pregnant women, I think I’m pretty lucky.

Guess: Boy

Hands:
If you have soft hands, you can expect a girl. Always "rubbing lotion into your skin or else you get the hose again" dry hands? Then you'll deliver a boy.

My hands have been SO incredibly dry, but that could be weather related as well, as winter has hit us.

Guess: Boy

Cravings:
If you crave citrus, a girl may be your way.

Nope, no citrus cravings. Just salt.

Guess: Boy

Pimples and Spots:
Girls steal their momma's beauty, so if you're spotty, you've got one on the way.

My skin has broken out like CRAZY. It’s JUST finally beginning to clear up.

Guess: Girl.

Clumsy?:
If you're losing your balance, it's a boy. Graceful? Girl!

I haven’t lost my balance yet.

Guess: Girl

Fatty Face:
Fuller face= girl baby.

Nope, no change

Guess: Boy

Salt and Sugar:
Sweet cravings = a sweet little girl. Salt= a boy.

Guess: Boy

Heart rate:
>150 beats per minute= girl
<150 beats per minute= boy

The 2 times I was able to hear the heartbeat it ranged between 145-150

My vote: Boy


Tally:
Boy votes: 5
Girl votes: 4

Well that’s pretty close lol My dreams have all been about a boy though. I can’t wait to find out.
We have our ultrasound tomorrow and we are SO anxious to see our little one again and see how much they’ve grown. I just want to go to bed and sleep away the rest of the day tomorrow and wake up just before our appointment tomorrow afternoon lol I AM SO EXCITED! It’s been 5 weeks since we’ve had an ultrasound and I’m going crazy! I can only imagine how excited I will be after this ultrasound waiting for our Anatomy Scan to find out if it is indeed a boy, or if it’s a girl. 

I’m FINALLY starting to feel like myself again. On Saturday I actually felt well enough to do my hair and put on makeup. It was like “Whoa, there she is!”. I’m sleeping through the night now, the need to get up and pee seems to have disappeared, or I’ve gotten smarter about not drinking close to bed time lol 

According to my Midwife, 2nd trimester starts on Thursday for me, so I welcome it with open arms and a big HELL YEAH!!!!

Speaking of our Midwife, I love her. Honestly. She is amazing and so thorough. She explains EVERYTHING in detail and I feel so comfortable with her. It’s a shame she’s not a regular doctor as well, I’d transfer all my care to her. I can’t say enough about her. She’s fantastic and I have NO concerns about birthing at home with her all.  I feel very safe in her care.

No comments:

Post a Comment