Thursday, March 24, 2011

Makeover

Okay so I really don't like how my blog looks. Some of the blogs I follow are so beautifully done. I have no experience with HTML. I'm lost with it.

I'm wondering if any of you have any recommendations for sites that I can get some designs from or someone to contact who would design a nice one for me? I would appreciate your help!!

In other news, man what a snow storm we got yesterday! On Sunday I was sitting in a lawn chair watching Mr.Squish rake the yard & clean up the gardens and today there's about 20cm of snow on the ground and it's darn cold out.


Of course our snowblower broke so we had to go old school and shovel. There was a HUGE snowdrift in the middle of our driveway when I got home from work. I was driving the little Kia, not the truck, and I guess I kind of underestimated the size of the snow drift and tried to drive the car over it. (I'm laughing now because it seems so ridiculous NOW). Naturally, the car got stuck, I mean really stuck. I was sitting there thinking, okay...Mr Squish is going to be ticked...I'll call my Dad and he'll help me get it out before Mr Squish gets home in 3 hours. Just as I was getting out of the car to asses the level of "stuckness" Mr Squish pulls the truck in behind me. BUSTED! Yup, weather was so bad they closed his work and he left. Rather then be angry, he laughed at me...until he had to push and the car got more stuck...then he wasn't laughing anymore. BUT! I give him props because he did get it unstuck and all was well. He's a good man.

 Let me tell you though, I didn't realize how out of shape I truly am until I "helped" shovel the drive way & sidewalks. Yikes! I can totally see why they tell people over 60 or people with health issues NOT to shovel and get someone else to do it. It's tough work! I've been blessed that Mr. Squish usually handles all that for us but with the snowblower broken, and the large amount of snow I couldn't just sit all cozy inside while he worked his sexy butt off. I wasn't a whole lot of help but I like to think I helped a little lol

1 comment:

  1. I got mine done at designerblogs.com and they are great! Not too expensive $40ish dollars. :)

    ReplyDelete