Monday, March 21, 2011

Reflections


Mr. Squish and I had an awesome time at the wedding on Saturday. It was absolutely beautiful. The food was great and boy did I dance. My body aches from the dancing, just a reminder of how badly I need to get back to the gym. Every time I stand after sitting for awhile my calf muscles scream “WHY!?” lol
Here’s a picture of Mr. Squish & I at the wedding.  


I love weddings. I’m definitely one of those people who cry at weddings; almost always during the vows and usually again during a really sweet speech. For me, it’s always the Father/Daughter speeches that make me tear up. I’m such a Daddy’s Girl. I barely held it together at my own wedding lol In fact, if I remember correctly both Mr. Squish & I were crying before we even got to the vows. I remember our Reverend commenting before he began how we were both already crying and he hadn’t even started yet. 

It’s been a year and six months since our wedding (this past Saturday) and It seems like it was years ago most days. We’re so comfortable with each other that I tend to forget we’ve only been together for almost 5 years and married for less than 2 years. Other days I can remember our wedding day and the first day I met Mr. Squish like it was yesterday. I hope I have these memories when we’re 90 years old rocking in rocking chairs on our front porch watching our great great grand children play.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. I admit I was quite hung over. Open bar…nothing good ever comes from that except a good hangover lol We got a lot of the yard work done. Now that the snow is finally gone we could clean up the gardens and rake the lawn. Mr. Squish brought out my anarondack chair (1 of 4) and I sat in that and watched him work hehe ;) Our neighbour noticed my lack of work and commented that I was the supervisor. I said “Of course I am”. ;) Mr. Squish worked hard and the yard looks great. Ready for summer that’s for sure!  The dog loved it and I know he’s going stir crazy too.

On Saturday, I’m babysitting my cousins little girl. I am really looking forward to it. I love babies!!! lol Also, Mr. Squish and I are making our nephew his 1st birthday cake. It’s going to be Winnie the Pooh with a little honey pot beside him. I’m really excited. I hope it turns out as cute as I imagine it to be.

It’s been a busy day today at work. I’m exhausted. This new load of responsibilities is keeping me busier then I could have ever imagined. It’s great…but it’s exhausting. Anyway, I’m going to see One More Girl in a small little concert in town on Thursday. It should be really good. Things have been busy in the Squish household but it keeps my mind off my desire of a little Squish :).…well…not really but that’s what I tell myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment